Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Results Are In...

So I got the email from Teach For America today and they politely told me that they were not going to extend me an offer to join their program. So it looks like my calendar just cleared up for the next two years.

Do I feel bad or upset about their decision? Not really. I figure everything happens for a reason and something better will come up. This was just an avenue to explore and it came to a dead end, and I'm fine with that. Now the search continues for what to do after graduation in May and the options are endless.

I'm pretty sure I need to take a break from taking classes though. I'm pretty burned out and think I need to take some time off. I can't imagine my fellow grad students who haven't had a break any more substantial than summer breaks since they started kindergarten. Honestly! Sure, they'll be getting their masters in their early 20's, but that's still a huge chunk of life in academia and many of them have voiced how nervous they are to leave it. This has been their life for nearly 20 years and now their plans are unsubstantial.

So...I guess I'll just try to figure it out and we'll see what happens. If you have any suggestions...I'm all ears!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Lame.
Nice attitude about it all!
Good luck with the next step!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get accepted, Patty! My thoughts are with you!...Hey maybe you should try dispatching again!!! :) We miss you! Cindy

Patty Cady said...

Thanks Julie. Cindy, Cindy, Cindy. Gotta give you credit for your tenacity! Miss you guys too! I have a feeling I'll be coming down soon...but then again, the holiday season is coming up and everyone's gonna be taking vacation time like crazy! I'd hate to miss anyone.