Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ketchup-ing Up!

Okay, I'll admit this posting has nothing to do with ketchup -- the condiment -- but I'm tired and I get a little loopy when tired. Here's a quick update on me, my deadlines, my life, and anything else that mangages to escape my brain and land on the keyboard.

I did the Teach For America telephone interview on Monday afternoon. How did I do? Honestly, I don't know. There was some miscommunication on a question as what she was saying and what I heard were two different things, but I think we got that straightened out. She was obviously reading from a script and had to write down my answers to her questions, so there were a lot of awkward pauses and such. Needless to say her verbal feedback was non-existent, so I don't know how I did, but I should find out next Friday if they want me to do a face-to-face all day battery of interview, mock teaching, etc. Cross your fingers -- but I'm not sure for what. Do I want the job, sure. Would I be crushed if I didn't get it, no. One of the major pluses of going through this process is that by November, at the latest, I'll know for sure if I'm in or not and I can start making plans either way.

I also finished my Thesis proposal this week. Yipes! It's getting real and getting real close! While I was deciding what I wanted to write my chapters on I actually started to feel a lot better about how much writing/research I've already done for this capstone project. I'm taking a class right now that I intend to have as one of my chapters of my thesis, I wrote a previous paper that acted as the impetus for my thesis topic which, although in it's entirety it won't work, I can break it up into smaller components and weave it into other chapters; and then I only have one more chapter to write. My ambitious goal is to have my thesis drafted out by the beginning of January so I can spend my final semester overhauling and revising it like crazy! I'm hoping that by working myself to the bone this semester that I'll have less stress in my last semester as I have to talk about and defend my thesis against other graduate students, English faculty, and any other hapless soul who accidently wanders into the room during my thesis defense.

The rest of my week? I've just been dragging myself out of bed and trying to make it through the day.

Wow, what an exciting life I lead. But hey, it's my life and I'll take it...I'm used to it!

'Night and I'll try to do better at keeping y'all in the loop (sorry Mom and Dad!).

No comments: