Saturday, July 17, 2010

This is a Judgment Free Zone

As you can tell, I’ve been experimenting with my blog: pictures, music, books I’ve read, etc. The thing I’m battling right now is the “followers” section. I don’t know why, but I think this blog hates me…or maybe it’s my computer (it better not be because it’s less than a year old). For those of you who have “followed” me in the past, but are no longer listed because of my stupid computer, my apologies. Let’s see if we can beat this widget and sign up again in the right hand column. I just have to say that I love the term “follower”, because that means I’m a leader and all y’all are just along for the crazy ride!


It’s amazing to me how technology feeds into our need for validation. I feel like I don’t completely suck as a blogger/writer when I get a follower and I feel like “I’m good enough. I’m smart enough. And, gosh darn it, people like me!” (-Stuart Smalley from SNL) when I get friend requests on Facebook. Shallow, I know, but this is a blog of no judgment – so don’t judge me!

More tomorrow…

No comments: