Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's a Jungle Out There!

I just found this posting in my "Draft" Box and thought I'd share it with you. I wrote it back at the end of May 2009.

----------------------------------
Okay, I'll admit that as I'm writing this I'm working at my office (temp) job...but I really need a break from folding 500+ statements and stuffing them in envelopes. As I've been working I happen to look out the window and saw the mailman (or mailperson if you want to be Politically Correct) drive up. As I was voyeristically watching I realized that the mailman (because he is a man) was wearing a pith helmet. Um, when did delivering the mail get so dangerous you have to wear a pith helmet? Are rabid cats chasing you down the street in an effort to thwart your delivery of the mail? Is the danger of paper cuts so prevalent that head armor is needed? Is the threat of not being able to open a mailbox door so likely that personal head protection is needed?
Sheesh! What's the world coming to? Next thing you know, office building cleaning crews will be wearing Haz-Mat suits whenever they enter a bathroom...though that one I can understand.

No comments: