Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sink Eating

I am sooooo single. How do I know this, you might ask? Well, my eating habits tell no lies. What did I have for dinner Friday night? A blizzard from Dairy Queen. Yep, ate it on my commute home from Lewiston at 5pm and that’s it. Dinner tonight? Chicken tenderloins and peaches. Hey, that sounds kinda non-single-ish, you may say…but not really. The kicker for me was where I ate it. I ate the chicken over the sink so I wouldn’t have to dirty a dish and the peaches were directly out of a can – also standing over same said sink. –sigh –


Am I lamenting my singleness? Honestly, it ebbs and flows, but not right now. I’ve made a conscious decision to focus on me for the last four to five years as I’ve finished up my education. After returning to school at the age of 29, I haven’t wanted anything to distract me from completing my Masters. Now, with only months left of my self-imposed selfishness how do I feel? Again, I’m pretty much fine. I wouldn’t change any of the “me” time I’ve had as I’ve gotten to know what I like, dislike, makes me happy, ticks me off, and so forth. Will I ever get married? I don’t know – but what I do know is that I’m not really worried about it. I am fully confident that I can take care and provide for myself (have for the last 10+ years anyway), and there are many things out there that make me happy: my dog, my bazillion nieces and nephews who allow me to hang out with them and spoil them, early mornings before everything wakes up, silence, long drives in my car, reading a book in absolute silence, etc.

Those are my musings for tonight as I prepare for another week at the police department (only two left!) and hit the sack early so I can start the day anew and fresh. Sweet dreams my minions!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I haven't gone grocery shopping in about 2.5 months. I'm proud of myself.

Patty Cady said...

Wow! I'm proud of you too -- how do you manage to do that? I'll admit I tend to go about once a week. I purposefully don't buy frozen pizzas and ready-made meals, but then again, I eat fruit out of cans and have blizzards for dinner.

You, world traveller, are my hero. Share your secrets!

Julie said...

Luckily, my work has a brilliant cafeteria...and some great vending machines that supply pop-tarts for that necessary breakfast meal. Ultimately, I probably spend just as much money weekly eating out than I would grocery shopping and I'm eating what I want :0)