Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We don't always get what we wish for...

So I thought today was going to be a good day, but it didn’t turn out the way I wanted.
  1. Woke up early and submitted final grades for the online class I teach – Yeah! All done.
  2. Got my hair cut and normal hair color back. Yep, it’s got the blonde streaks again. It looks like it used to when I would spend a week or an afternoon on the river rafting, camping, and getting scorched in the sun. Ah, those were the days: no electronic devices, no mirrors, sleeping under the stars, and building memories with friends. (We’ll just ignore the occasional rattle snake, raft tipping and losing the gear on it, river blowing out upstream – so that the river turned into our own chocolate-looking river, someone going into a kayak fully clothed and coming out with limited clothing and an attempt at personal decency, and the fly-fishing experience when the fly caught…um, someone’s shorts and not a fish.) Yep, good memories.
  3. Popped down to Lewiston to see some friends at the police department (Cindy, where are you!!!).
  4. Challenged my roommate to a game of H-O-R-S-E and got beat. Yes, I tried the whole “best two out of three” ploy and she beat me twice. What happened to the b-ball skills I had from the teams I played on. C’mon. I still have the trophies to prove I didn’t completely suck at basketball. Well, I am getting older, and my roommate is younger than me. Yeah – I’ll blame it on age…but I’ve already called a rematch for tomorrow.
Almost a perfect day – blast basketball!

 

No comments: