Sunday, August 22, 2010

Star Light, Star Bright

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, it’s the dark before the dawn right now. It’s Sunday night and classes start tomorrow. As of Friday at around 3pm, I now teach two (2) English 102 – Rhetoric and Composition courses. The first class I teach is at 8:30AM (which works great for me since I’m a morning person), and the second one is at 1:30PM. Hmmmm…there’s a bit of a break between the two classes, so we’ll see how that all works out!

Right now I have my German class at 11:30, but I’m hoping that in the next few weeks I can pass the foreign language translation test and no longer have to take German. That would be a huge weight off my scholastic shoulders and free up a lot of extra time. Right now I’m on the wait list for my Ceramics class, but I don’t think it’ll be a problem getting in. There’s a lot of change during the first week of classes and I’m top of the list. Cross your fingers for me!

As the darkness of school closes in around me I see pin-pricks of light at the end of the metaphorical tunnel. A little over 9 months left until graduation – that’s a child! I have a feeling writing and defending my thesis will feel a small bit like carrying and giving birth – to my thoughts and ideas. The thesis defense is going to be a bit painful as I get quizzed, questioned, and have to justify my thought processes; but it will all be worth it in the end when I have that diploma in hand and everyone starts calling me “Master”. If you want, you can start practicing saying it now … Master Patty. Ohhh! I like the sound of that! ;-p

No comments: