Friday, October 29, 2010

Word of the Week

My current favorite word to use and integrate into sentences is the word "smarmy." Dictionary.com defines this word as: (adj.) excessively or unctuously flattering, ingratiating, servile, etc..  Synonyms for smarmy are: buttery, fulsome, insincere, oily, oleaginous, sleek, smooth, smug, suave (Thesaurus.com).

This word has negative connotations, but I think the reason why I like it so much is because it's so much fun to say. SM - ARMY. Repeat after me..."smarmy." Good job!

Honestly, that's about all I got tonight. It'll still be a couple of weeks until I know about Teach For America; I'm finalizing my final semester as a graduate student (looking into taking a glass blowing class because -- well, when else am I going to have the opportunity to try my hand at it?) as well as figuring out what/when I'm going to teach my last class. Oh, yeah...and I have a bunch of research I need to do for my OWN papers and thesis.

A graduate student's life is never done...until May!

On the family front, my older sister Susan had their beautiful baby boy, Jacob, on October 25th. He was born with Downs Syndrome, which could be viewed as a trial, but I think he'll be more of a blessing than anything else. I can't wait to meet my 25th...or is it 26th...niece/nephew! Holy-moley that's a lot of grandkids for my parents!

I can't wait to meet Jacob and hope to do so in the next couple of weeks! Until I check in next time...Love ya!

No comments: