Sunday, October 17, 2010

Posting #100

Um, where's my award? I mean, according to blogger this is my one-hundreth posting, so.....? C'mon!
  • Willard Scott recognizes people who are celebrating their 100+ birthdays.
  • Sitcoms have a cake when they've made/aired their 100th episode.
  • People traditionally receive a letter from the President of the United States when they turn 100.
  • There are lists of "100 best..." everywhere.
  • I mean, you hear more about the "99 bottles of beer on the wall.." than "100 bottles of beer on the wall..." Think about it, it's true.
So as my 100th posting I thought I'd do something special...but I couldn't come up with anything. Sorry!

Instead, I'll close with the American Film Institute (AFI) top 100 movie quotes -- drum roll please -- and the #1 quote is "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" from Gone With the Wind. And I express the same sentiment for your failure to give me an award because "I'll be back." (quote #37).

1 comment:

Julie said...

I would like to congratulate you on this great accomplishment. I just did a dance for you.