- Willard Scott recognizes people who are celebrating their 100+ birthdays.
- Sitcoms have a cake when they've made/aired their 100th episode.
- People traditionally receive a letter from the President of the United States when they turn 100.
- There are lists of "100 best..." everywhere.
- I mean, you hear more about the "99 bottles of beer on the wall.." than "100 bottles of beer on the wall..." Think about it, it's true.
Instead, I'll close with the American Film Institute (AFI) top 100 movie quotes -- drum roll please -- and the #1 quote is "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" from Gone With the Wind. And I express the same sentiment for your failure to give me an award because "I'll be back." (quote #37).