Friday, December 24, 2010

God Bless Us, Every One!

As the finish line for my schooling draws nearer and nearer my mind inevitably wonders where I'll be at this same time next year. Sitting in front of my laptop watching Christmas Movies on the TV (White Christmas, A Christmas Story, etc.) in candlelight, eating Frango Mints (courtesy of my wonderful older brother), and see my and my sister's dogs conked out various surfaces (couch, floor, and doggie bed), I sit here and think about how blessed me and mine have been this year.

Sure, we've had our trials, tribulations, and disappointments, but each of them had brought us to where we are today. I think one of the things I most appreciate about growing older is recognizing that where I am now is not where I planned on being, but I'm okay with that. In fact, I'm glad I'm not because the lessons I've learned, people I've met, and experiences I've had are such that I wouldn't trade them for anything.

So as Christmas Eve night draws to a close and kids eagerly anticipate tomorrow morning (and I'll admit I do too, even though I'm 33 years old and won't be unwrapping presents until I'm with my sisters tomorrow afternoon) I just want to add my prayers and Christmas wishes to you--my family and friends. May you remember the reason for the season and give the gift of yourself in the coming year.

Love,

Patty

2 comments:

Chuck said...

I'm glad you got the fran got. They were delivered faster than I thought, and what's Christmas without frangos? I've already killed 3-4 boxes so far!

Patty Cady said...

I hope my gift got there on time...and they were delicious! Thanks!