Monday, May 4, 2009

Shout out to the Mothers!

Just a little something for the moms and future moms (congrats Julie!)...

Although in come countries women are considered second-class citizens do those men even realize how much power women/mothers wield? We can try to change the world by writing laws, rules, persuasive speaking, using force, etc., but imagine how much change would be accomplished if every mother in the world decided what values and ideals they would instill/teach their children. Now, I'm not saying the would would be a utopian society and everything would become perfect (because we all know some moms would be more successful than others), but consider the possibilities! A kinder, gentler world? Perhaps.

All I know is that when someone compliments me about some trait I have, I say "thank you," but really recognize that a large portion of who I am is because of my mom and dad.

So thanks to all the mothers and fathers out there. We love you!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yay! I can comment now...watch out!