Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm sorry. I said I was sorry! -sheesh-

My apologies for not posting sooner. I know, I know...

Heaven knows I have enough time. I graduated just a little over two weeks ago and I'm unemployed. Unemployed = a lot of free time = boredom and Patty going cRaZy!!! In case you didn't read the earlier post (think months ago) when I stated I don't do nothing very well--well, it's true and I've got proof!

I did yard work...YARD WORK...on purpose! I always dodge the outside stuff unless I have to (and by "have to" I mean my parents made me when I lived at home or my wimpy sister says she has "allergies" and can't mow her own lawn. Or pick up dog poop. Or...wait a minute...I think I got the shaft there. Since when does dog poop have allergens? *Okay Becca, you outsmarted me!*)

I went to Becca's house and helped her (in a tiny way) get her house ready to sell and then I rushed home for a job interview. "How's that going?" you ask...not too well. I've sent out dozens of resumes, only had three scheduled job interviews -- one of which rescheduled...and then rescheduled again indefinitely but stated they hoped I wasn't "snatched up" (their words) by the time they reschedule..again. Sometime. In the near future. Um, okay? And the other two interviews wound up offering the position to other people.

So me? Still sending out resumes, filling out applications, and my freak-out-o-meter is climbing. I just need to keep telling myself that it's only been two weeks and I definitely have someplace to live until July 31st (until my lease ends). After that? Well, your guess is as good as mine.

On the up side, I did get a response to an application I filled out yesterday and they should be calling me today to possibly set up an interview (I'll believe it when I hear it) today. I filled out the application almost a month ago, so that gives me hope that the other positions I've applied for may just be taking some time. I will admit I'm a bit impatient at times and I have to realize everyone else's timeline isn't the same as mine.

So guess what I'm learning this summer? Nope, not more rhetoric or literature, I'm learning patience...because apparently you can't have enough of that! So here's for learning patience...and having the patience to go through the mounds of papers I've accumulated in two years as I start packing up. Thank heavens for recycling!

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Patience is sooooo overrated because I want it NOW!!! :)