Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Stay-at-home Mom with no Kids!

Soooo....I've officially signed up for my Graduate classes for the fall. -sigh- It's real! Another two years of schooling and then I'll have to decide about pursuing my PhD after Grad School or working a bit and then getting it. Decisions, decisions, but I have a couple more years until I have to make that one.

Referring back to the title of this blog, for the past week I've felt a bit like a stay-at-home mom who has no kids. Becca went to visit Susan and her new baby girl last week so I had the "opportunity" to dog-sit (oh, and pack, and clean, and sort through my stuff, and...well, you get the idea). Honestly, I don't mind the dogs and it helps that I'm definitely more a "dog person" than cat, but it did get a bit frustrating at the end of the week when the dogs were just following me around the house. Sheesh! Go outside and play, or pee, on something already!

I've decided to postpone my visit to Susan, by a week, to help acclimate another dog into Becca's wild pack (three and counting!). Now there are two labs (one chocolate and one black), and a boxer to contend with. The introduction was a little touch and go for a bit as Sage, the chocolate lab, wanted to go all dominant on Ash, the new black lab, but it all worked out in the end. The dogs spent a nice day on Sunday playing tag in the backyard sprinkler and wrestling.

Me? I'm working on my tan as I work in the yard and I live in limbo with half of my stuff packed and waiting to hear if I have a job for the summer. Hopefully I'll know soon and I can get on with my plans.

This week has really shown me how I like to be constantly on the go or doing something. I go, go, go all day and often wonder what I accomplished. Luckily I have Becca as a sounding board at the end of the day and we talk about what we did and, when I start listing things off, I surprise myself with the list of tasks completed. Hmmm...maybe that's why sometimes I like to make lists and cross things off, because then I get to have a tangible accounting of what I've done.

Sorry, no deep thoughts in this post, just disjointed recollections. Here's another one...I love the weather we're having this week! Sunshine and 60-degrees. Nearly perfect! Mother Nature, keep it coming.

No comments: