Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

I know it's been awhile since my last post, and for that I apologize, but here's a new one.

It's been getting crazy at work...finally! Earlier this week I was in the office all day, 12 hours. I never realized how exhausting it is to be upbeat, happy, and interested in everyone who walks through the door. Whew! My job is going okay. I get along with most of my co-workers, a few annoy/frustrate me, but I'm plugging along. As with most summer jobs, I'm not making as much money as I thought I would. I do work 40-50hrs/week, but my boss is loath to give me overtime. He always complains, to the other office girl, Caley, about the fact I have overtime and is wondering why both Caley and I put in so many hours. Caley and I never overlap each other and the office is only open for 84hours a week. A couple more hours are coming because I stay over about half an hour in the evenings when I close up shop and stuff. He hasn't directly mentioned it to me...but I'm sure it will come soon enough. - sigh- enough venting for now. Needless to say, at the rate this job is going, it's not looking too good for me coming back next summer, unless somethings change. Stand by for an update!

Happy Fourth of July to EVERYONE!!! It's about 7:30PM in Valdez right now and the city isn't planning on shooting off fireworks until after 11PM...when it's a little darker...but not much!!! It's still a bit disconcerting when I go to sleep past midnight and it's still bright outside.

You know you're living in a small town when the 4th of July parade involves kids on bikes, pets on leashes, 4-wheelers, and anything else...and the parade is done in 5 minutes. As one Valdez resident said, "You blink and you miss it. Like so many other things in Valdez." Our crew has a big BBQ tonight and I think we'll all go into town and watch the fireworks. Yippee!!!!

There's my update. I'll try to do better in the future, but I won't promise anything! I love and miss you. I'll try to update more pics and such so you can see the beauty that is Valdez.

Oh, FYI, if you want to see me and learn about my co-workers, you can go to the business website at: http://www.alaskasummer.com/pages/pangaea-guides.html. Just remember I didn't write the blurb about myself.

Love,Patty

No comments: